Monday, August 14, 2006

Notes from the prairie

I will be blogging sporadically over the next week, as I am in the process of moving back to school. My trusty IBM ThinkPad decided to die on me last month, and its shiny iMac replacement hasn't made the trip north yet, so I am - alas - without regular computer access. However, thanks to the kindlness of strangers and my college's brobdingnagian endowment, I will be able to continue my "good work." Just in a less Stakhanovite fashion.

Thanks to A.C. Douglas for linking to my blog-discussion with Terry over Tankred Dorst's cycle. I am alarmed over the critical silence over a premiere production of the Ring at the Bayreuther Festspiele, and - I think - Terry and I are getting to the heart of why people are so "blah" about it all. We'll see.

There is more (much, if you get down to it), but nothing worth a mention. I'll keep in touch, and try not to turn this into a summer hiatus, like so many other cultural bloggers.

2 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger T. Ambrose Nazianzus said...

I spent three months without any computers to use, which I found hampered both information gathering, socializing, and blogging. A sad state of affairs.

Ah, do be sure to watch yourself...junior year can be evil.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Patrick J. Smith said...

Facebook my schedule. I am in the jaws of Satan.

I have lots of friends on campus with lots of computers. It isn't so bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home